Where to buy Friendly Plastic
Buy a wide range of colours of Friendly Plastic from our web-site - follow the link from the Home Page. From speaking to many people I know that many have had a problem knowing where to buy friendly plastic. You can buy a wide range of colours from us via our web-site together with accessories used with friendly plastic - such as the marbling comb and a superb range of cutters to make your shapes.
Friendly Plastic is produced in two formats. The one usually seen in the UK has been the coloured strips - approx 7" long. These strips are finished on one side with a metallic foil to give the different colours available. The most common way to heat Friendly Plastic is to use a card makers embossing heat gun, however it can also be worked by using hot water, a hot griddle or even the oven. Generally a heat gun is considered the easiest and most convenient.
The other format now available in the UK more readily are the Friendly Plastic pellets. These are uncoloured and are usually softened by covering them in hot water. They fuse together very quickly and by lifting them out of the water with a metal tool you can manipulate them with your hands. Pellets are brilliant for using in moulds and making 3D shapes. They can be coloured whilst warm, if they start to cool just drop in the the water again. I then to colour when they have gone cold - either paint with Acrylic Paint, use Multi Surface Paints like I do or Alcohol Inks. Multi-surface Paints and Alcohol Inks are so easy to use, you do not have to be artistic and they give lovely blended finishes.
Both forms of Friendly Plastic, strips and pellets, can also be combined together.
Friendly Plastic is an exceptionally versatile material, some uses are:
- Jewellery Making
- Card Making
- Home Decor items, eg decoration on boxes, bottles, mirrors etc
- Gift Items eg decoration on blank books etc
- Mixed Media Works eg. on box canvasses, or mounted on card for framing
- General Textile Work eg incorporated into embroidery, fused with heat to synthetic
- fabrics etc
You can buy both formats, Friendly Plastic Strips & Friendly Plastic Pellets, from this web-site or from one of the many exhibitions I attend throughout the country where I demonstrate using Friendly Plastic. My exhibition list is accessible from the Home Page.
Any suggestions or comments always appreciated
- Contact Us
- Exhibition & Show List
- Colour Chart - Friendly Plastic
- Colour Chart - Merino Wools
- Friendly Plastic Instructions
- Friendly Plastic Inspiration
- Ideas With Friendly Plastic and Other Mediums
- Lutradur / Tyvek & Textile Instructions
- Needle Felting Instructions and examples
- About Us & our Shop
- Retail Shop - Sport Memorabilia & Stoke City
- How To Find Us
- Shipping Rates & Payment
- Terms & Conditions